Barrel Network Kick-Off: AI AW Club about Singularity
Machine Learning enthusiasts, forward thinkers and contributors; 60 members/AI monkeys already and only some 48h after the group is launched.
Impressive feelings here -- Welcome all !!!
Johan, Marcus & I would like to welcome you to the kick-off event for our ML network that will be arranging series of AI/Machine Learning related events. Come to this event and hear more about Barrell network vision and mission and how you can become an active member.
• Event type = AW Club with AI topics as discussion ground
• Topic for first AI AW Club event = Technological Singularity
• Number of attendees = 12 (Remark! Signed up for events but not attending members might be banned from the group so please be responsible with your RSVP)
This is not just another drinking and bull*hitting AW so please prepare for it since discussion will circle around Singularity topic with questions such as:
• Where is AI today?
• When will human-level Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) happen? 2045?
• If we succeed in building AGI, then what are the likely outcomes?
• What would we like to happen? Immortality? Ethical consequences? Etc.
Below is a small list with some videos and articles about the emerging topic and needless to write Google God loves this search topic.
• Can we build AI without losing control over it? | Sam Harris (14:27)
• Elon Musk Nick Bostrom Ray Kurzweil Superintelligence (1:00:14)
• Ray Kurzweil: Get ready for hybrid thinking (9:52)
• Artificial Intelligence: it will kill us | Jay Tuck | TEDxHamburgSalon (17:32)
• Don't fear superintelligent AI | Grady Booch (10:20)
• The Dark Side Of The Singularity | Answers With Joe (13:37)
Over and out,
M, J & M